Sunday, February 8, 2009

Avocado Salad

Avocado Salad

1/2 C. chopped, peeled cucumber
1/3 C. chopped yellow bell pepper
6 roma tomatoes, diced
2 T. finely chopped sweet onions
1 T. minced fresh basil, or 1 tsp. dried basil
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
Dash of garlic powder
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
Feta cheese

In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients, cover and refridgerate for 15-20 minutes. Add Avocado. Toss gently. Sprinkle with Feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce lined plates.

Every year my family gets our favorite recipes together and scrapbooks a few of our favorite. Lacey added this one to the book this year and it is super yummy, and very lifestyle change friendly, so enjoy!

3 comments:

Winders said...

WOW! That sounds soooo good. I'm going to try making it this week! I am in serious need of new yummy recipes!

Lindsay R. said...

I agree with Ade, this sounds really good. I think I will give it a try!!

Thomas family said...

Jaina,
We miss your cooking on are sunday nights its just not the same. This salad sounds great can't wait to try it!!!!